BOOK AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE (complete contact form at bottom of page)
OR CALL 0402 478 173
NOTE FOR CORONA VIRUS 2020:
Medicare, Private Health Funds, DVA & VWA have accounced that Telehealth is now rebatable for Physiotherapy services from March 30th 2020.
|* Allied Health CDM services (all 13 items)||
Victorian Workcover Authority has Telehealth Code available;
These codes are the same as previous codes but have a T for telehealth on the end of them.
Example; PY102 Standard consultation – History, examination and treatment. $58.33 à PY102T
Given VWA has telehealth codes, I think is fair and reasonable that TAC would allow this servicing also given the existance of requirement. Please refer to;
We will be offering Telehealth services more extensively given the Corona situation (March – ?? 2020). Private health funds have agreed to fund telehealth also if you meet the following criteria;
What is Telehealth
Telehealth is a convenient form of communication that Physiotherapists effectively carry out your Physiotherapy at home, work, or anywhere ! This is especially helpful for those living in rural, remote areas and those who have access issues due to age or physical health.
Telehealth is suitable for all your normal Physiotherapy conditions which include (but not limited to):
– Back, Neck & Joint Pain, Chronic Pain & Headache/ Migraine treatment
– Exercise Therapy (home or gym based programs – specifically set up for you)
– Pain of any Joints, such as Knee/ Hip osteoarthritis, Shoulder muscle tears etc
– Falls and Balance management and prevention
– Weakness and Functional decline (difficulty walking, steps, getting out of chair)
– Post-surgical Rehabilitation and Pre surgical Prehabilitation, including orthopaedic (joints), cardiopulmonary (heart/lung) and neurological (MS/ Parkinsons/ Stroke)
– Chronic cardiopulmonary conditions, such as COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis, pneumonia, heart failure and post heart attack
– Individual Tai Chi and Pilates (Floor) programs
– TENS Prescription & Education
– Assessment for and Supply of Aids and Appliances (walking frames, braces, supports)
– Interactive & Educational website to learn about your condition & watch your rehab
SECURE ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
– We can use a variety of secure telehealth links depending on what you use already;
Facetime (apple)/ Messanger, (install)
or we can suggest and help you get started on something new. This allows us to see you face to face which has the obvious advantage of being able to demonstrate movements and even asking you to do movements to help us assess you. Alternatively if you just want a good old fashioned phone call, thats fine too. You can book your session online via our contact page or simply by calling us directly on 0402 478 173.
If you have any issues installing any of the above programs or you not technologically inclined we can help you install these either over the phone or you can install teamviewer (install) and we can access your computer and do it for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IT EQUIPMENT IS NEEDED?
- a stable 3G/4G phone or internet equivilent connection
- You will need a PC, IPAD or laptop with a microphone and a working web camera
OR a modern “smart” phone (alomost all phones these days)
- We can check your device prior to your appointment if you send us the details
IS TELE-HEALTH EFFECTIVE ?
- Tele-health has been shown to be as effective as in clinic care for most conditions. In most cases we will be able to accurately diagnose your conditions and provide you and effective management solution.
- Naturally the other aspects of effective management are also available such as communicating with your GP or Specialist, ordering investigatiions, prescribing aids or appliances.
CLAIMING THE CONSULTATION FOR REBATE WITH YOUR PRIVATE HEALTH FUND (Before & +/- after Corona)?
- Health funds had not yet accepted a telehealth item code and we cannot bill services under normal in clinic codes as they do specify face to face in their item description. Health funds have been encourgaed to do this by our profession for sometime without success. Our practitioners have even been involved in Studies with Melbiurne University demonstrating their effectiveness. However we see that this will be an inevitable occurance given technologies wonderful potenial.
- Please note; At the end of the day, it is up to each health fund to assess each individual based on their healthcare needs. For example if you live in a remote location and you need treatment and have no other choice, I suspect they would approve these services. BUT you will need this in writing from them. Worth a ohone call if you have a good arguement.
TELEHEALTH FOR MEDICARE TAC or DVA:
- At this stage TAC do not support as mentioned above. Again, worth a phone call to argue your case.