There are several differences between the two:
- Level of medical/ scientific training (Physiotherapy is the closest allied health profession to Medicine)
- Beliefs about optimal health (Physiotherapists follow current scientific medical models)
- Treatment methods (Physiotherapists use only safe evidence based treatments)
- Use of Evidence Based Practice (The latest trend in the medical community is using research results to base clinical decisions upon)
- Chiropractors tend to use high force manipulative techniques more than Physiotherapists
For More detailsed information please click on the following program aired by catalyst on the ABC in July 2013.