Manual Handling Training
We provide expert informative, interactive, hands-on manual handling training specifically for aged care.
- Comply with accreditation,
- Improve attendance and prevent injuries to residents and staff.
- Basic Anatomy and Priciples of Manual Handling
- Definition and Practical Examples of Manual Handling
- Theory and Practical Implementation of the Minimal Lift Policy
- Manual Handling Injuries and Causes
- Safe Lifting and Transfer Principles & Techniques
- Hazard Identification & Management
- Employee and Employer Responsibilities
- Resident Falls
- Equipment – lifting hoists, standing machines and slide sheets
We offer a number of Manual Handling Training options designed to suit your specific needs.
- Meets accreditation requirements
- Covers all aspects of safe manual handling for care and non-care staff.
- 1.5 hour theory and practical training session for care staff and
- 1 hour theory and practical training session for non-care staff if not able to attend with care staff
Manual Handling Train the Trainer (teach your team to teach)
- A train-the-trainer type program that empowers aged care team leaders to gain the skills to train others in manual handling.
- This can be run as a specific Manual Handling Session that empowers the participant(s) to teach either the practical, theoretical componenets or both if required.
- An add on component to this that is great for management is the “Principles of Teaching & Learning” module that can be used for other topics.