The main exercises for your lower body are designed to strengthen (in order of importance) your Quadriceps, Calf Muscles, Gluteal Muscles & Hamstrings, Hip Flexors (see below).
Marching: (Hip Flexors)
The exercises above are very simple ones that should be easy for you to follow. To build strength you should be doing around 3 lots of 10 repetitions. Using weight or stretchy band for resistance greatly helps build muscle tissue. If 3 lots of 10 repetitions are too easy you can do more or add more resistance. What ever way you coose to tackle it you should feel a little fatigued in the muscles for best results.
Naturally exercises can get very specific and varied. If you have a genuine issue, diagnosis or concern you should consult your Physiotherpaist or General Practitioner to obtain a tailored program.
- Maintain good Posture
- Exercise in the morning after you have been for a walk to warm up
- Wear loose fitting, breathable, comfortable clothing
- Drink water
- Consult your Doctor if you have any medical problems
- Stop exercising if you feel fatigued or pain or
- If you experience any unusual symptoms and consult your doctor or dial 000 immediately