The main exercises for your upper body are designed to strengthen (in order of importance) your Biceps, Deltoid, Triceps, Rotator Cuff, Forearm Muscles, Shoulder blade Stabilsers (see below).
Side Raise (Deltoid):
Rotator Cuff: (you will need to buy theraband for this)
Fore Arm Muscles:
Shoulder Blade Stabilisers:
The exercises above are very simple ones that should be easy for you to follow. To build strength you should be doing around 3 lots of 10 repetitions. Using weight or stretchy band for resistance greatly helps build muscle tissue. If 3 lots of 10 repetitions are too easy you can do more or add more resistance. What ever way you coose to tackle it you should feel a little fatigued in the muscles for best results.
Naturally exercises can get very specific and varied. If you have a genuine issue, diagnosis or concern you should consult your Physiotherpaist or General Practitioner to obtain a tailored program.
- Maintain good Posture
- Exercise in the morning after you have been for a walk to warm up
- Wear loose fitting, breathable, comfortable clothing
- Drink water
- Consult your Doctor if you have any medical problems
- Stop exercising if you feel fatigued or pain or
- If you experience any unusual symptoms and consult your doctor or dial 000 immediately