Did you know a Physiotherapist is available to come and treat you and your family at home every day, night, weekend and on most public holidays? We visit most Victorian suburbs across Northern and North Eastern Melbourne. We provide a comprehensive service in the comfort of your own home, so you save time, travel costs and can relax after your treatment. The service is suitable for those who cannot travel such as the elderly, those in significant pain, post operative rehabilition or those whose condition is aggravated by travel (i.e. lower back pain). However this service is also available to the general public for convenience.
What if it is an emergency and I can’t wait?
Call 000 immediately for an ambulance
Remember if you are going to leave the address after booking the Physiotherapist you must ring us and let us know so we don’t waste the Physiotherapist’s time and keep the next patient waiting longer than they need to.
When can I request a home visiting Physiotherapist?
- Weekdays: From 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
- Weekends: From 10.00 am until 6.00 pm Saturday, Sunday
- Public Holidays: From 10.00 am until 6.00 pm
Please note that a call out fee applies for after hours consultations.
Booking a home visit is easy, either
1. Simply fill in our contact form. This will be immediately sent to one of our Physiotherapists and they will call back quickly to confirm the request, or
2. Phone 0402 478 173. Your call will be taken by a Physiotherapist and request the following patient details:
- Full name, date of birth and address for the Physiotherapist to attend
- The patients regular GP. Please provide the clinics name and phone number. At the end of the consultation, a clinical record will be sent to your GP, Specialist as requested.
Note: Please let the Physiotherapist know if:
- Your House is difficult to find or access (i.e. locked gates, off street access)
- There is difficulty with mobile phone service in your area
- There will be other people in your home at the time of visiting
- You have any pets inside or outside
- There problematic alchol / drug consumption in the house or anyone with a history of violence.
- Anyone in the house has an infectous or contagious disease
- There any weapons stored or present in the house
The home visiting Physiotherapist is not an exact appointment service; all home visits are scheduled according to their urgency and we try to attent to your allotted time within 30 minutes either side of the scheduled appointment. Our focus is to provide you the most timely care in the comfort of your own home. Your Physiotherapist will stay in touch and contact you if they believe that they cannot make it within this time frame, so please stay close to the phone. At any time please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.
What is the cost? Do patients need to pay?
Our Physiotherapist will bulk bill all consultations if you are covered by a Medicare, DVA, TAC, WorkCover so you are not required to pay anything. There may be a gap fee payable depending on location. If you are unsure if you are covered by any of these please ask at the time of booking. You will need a current written Medicare referral from your Doctor if you wish to be covered by Medicare. However, patients not covered by any of these organisations are required to pay a fee at the time of the visit either by cash, Mastercard or Visa. Please let the Physiotherapist know if you are paying by credit card so a mobile machine can be organised. Please ask for current pricing at the time of booking.
Are they able to provide comprehensive care to me and my family at home?
The home visiting Physiotherapist will provide you with the same quality of care you would expect from any other Physiotherapist. The Physiotherapists come fully equipped to treat problems in the home and can carry an array of equipment based on your needs. The Physiotherapist always carries a portable massage table, massage equipment, sports tape, acupuncture equipment, assessment and education equipment. If further equipment is required such as braces, aids or appliances, printed educational material, we will orgainse for this to be sent directly to you.
We currently have Physiotherapists Providing Physiotherapy Home Visit Services for Eltham, Warrandyte, Diamond Creek, Kangaroo Ground, Christmas Hills, Hurstbridge, Arthurs Creek, Panton Hill, Yarra Glen, Dixons Creek, Yering, Greensborough, Templestowe, Mitcham, Doncaster, Lower Plenty, Bundoora, Kingsbury, Preston, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe, Camberwell, Toorak, Eaglemont, Doreen, Epping, Mill Park, South Morang, Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Humevale, Kinglake. Also locations inbetween.